A typical Sunday meal in most homes.
- 1 kilo boned lamb, cut in chunks for stewing
- 1 small piece of serrano ham bone
- Several sprigs of parsley
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- sprigs of fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tomato
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 head of garlic
- salt and pepper
- 200 ml white wine
Instructions - How to Make
- Place the lamb in a stew pot with the ham bone, tomato, onion, pepper, garlic, parsley, mint, bay leaves, salt and pepper and wine.
- Add enough water to just cover the meat.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer, covered, until the meat is tender.
- Skim out the meat onto a serving dish.
- Blend the liquid, discarding the tomato skin and herbs.
- Return to the cooking pot.
- Combine the cloves, pepper, cumin, paprika and bread crumbs and stir into the pot.
- Cook, stirring, until the sauce is somewhat thickened.
- Pour over the lamb and serve hot.