Sea Bream Cádiz Style
- 1 whole fish
- 50 ml Brandy de Jerez
- 50 ml dry or medium Sherry
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 small green peppers or 2 green bell peppers, cut in strips
- 2 tomatoes (about 500 grams), peeled, seeded and puréed
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1/2 kilos flour
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- salt & pepper
Instructions - How to Make
- Have the fish filleted.
- Cut the fillets into pieces of about 6 centimeters.
- Dredge the fish in flour, shaking off excess.
- Heat half of the oil in an earthenware casserole dish and brown the pieces of fish on both sides.
- Pour in the brandy, set it alight and gently swirl the casserole until flames subside.
- Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, in another pan, heat the remaining oil and sauté the onion and peppers.
- Add the puréed tomato, thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper and Sherry.
- Simmer this sauce until it is reduced, about 15 minutes.
- Pour it over the fish and simmer until the fish is cooked, about 10 minutes more.