The only oxtail I’ve had was with rice in Jamaica however this stew oxtail is very good with lots of flavor.
- 2 oxtails, cut into pieces
- 2 onions, peeled whole
- ¼ kg carrots, peeled
- few peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 whole cloves
- 250 ml white wine
Instructions - How to Make
- Place the oxtail pieces in a large pot with plenty of water.
- Push the whole cloves into the onions and add with the bay leaf, peppercorns, carrots and wine; heat on high until boiling and then lower the heat and let simmer, uncovered, three to four hours or until the meat begins to fall off the bone.
- Set the meat pieces on the serving dish and discard the bay leaf and cloves.
- Use a hand blender to blend the remaining broth and vegetables, and serve this sauce over the meat (salt to taste first).
- This dish is very nice accompanied with fried potatoes or sautéed mixed vegetables.
- Serves six as a hearty main dish.