Asparagus, Andalusian Style from Granada
- 500 grams green asparagus
- 3 eggs
- 2 slices bread, crusts removed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons water
Instructions - How to Make
- Cut the asparagus into 4-5 centimeter lengths.
- Cook them in boiling salted for 8 minutes and drain, reserving the liquid.
- Heat the oil in an earthenware casserole dish.
- Fry the garlic and slices of bread until golden, then remove them from the pan.
- In the same oil, fry the drained asparagus.
- In a mortar or blender crush the fried garlic and bread with the paprika, salt and pepper.
- Dilute with 1 cup of the reserved liquid.
- Stir this mixture into the asparagus with the vinegar and cook another few minutes, adding additional liquid if the sauce is too thick.
- Beat the eggs with the water and a pinch of salt.
- Pour the eggs over the top of the asparagus in the casserole dish and bake in a medium oven until the egg mixture is set, about 20 minutes