One of my favorite dishes, not the most healthy but a great tapa to enjoy with a beer.
Fried potatoes with green peppers
- 4 large potatoes, thinly sliced (leave in water for about 20 minutes to get rid of the starch and then drain)
- 1 green pepper, either roughly chopped or cut into thick strips
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- ½ litre olive oil
Instructions - How to Make
- Heat the olive oil in a large, deep frying pan.
- Add the potatoes and season with salt.
- Fry on a high heat for 5 minutes, turning the potatoes over, and then turn the heat right down. Put a lid on the pan and gently fry for 10 minutes.
- Add the green pepper and onion and give everything a good stir.
- Cover the pan and leave to fry gently for another 10 minutes.
- Check from time to time to make sure that they are not sticking too much to the bottom of the pan.
- At the end of this time look to see whether the potatoes are cooked and taste for salt, adding more if necessary.
- The idea is for the potatoes to be soft but with some of them a bit crispier to add to the flavour. If the potatoes are not cooked, put the lid back on and leave for another 5 minutes or so.
- Remove the potatoes from the pan with a slatted spoon and serve.