I have added this recipe based on the normal gazpacho however this white gazpacho is not my personal favorite as a I prefer the original.
- 200 grams stale bread, crusts removed
- 200 grams almonds, blanched and skinned
- 150 grams muscatel grapes (seeded), 3 cloves garlic
- 150 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 liter water
Instructions - How to Make
- Soak the bread in water until softened, squeeze it out and put in a blender or processor with the almonds and garlic.
- Blend to a smooth paste, adding a little water if necessary.
- With the blender running, add the oil in a slow stream, then the vinegar and salt.
- Beat in some of the water, then pour the mixture into a tureen, wooden bowl or pitcher and add the remaining water. Taste for seasoning, adding more salt or vinegar if needed.
- The soup should be fairly tangy.
- Chill. Stir before serving into bowls garnished with the grapes.