This could be served as a meal but nice as a tapa as well.
Round anisette fritters
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons anisette liqueur
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Approximately ½ kg flour
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons milk
Instructions - How to Make
- Mix the egg, 4 T olive oil, milk, anisette, sugar, and baking powder.
- Measure out the flour and add most of it, stirring well.
- Add just enough flour to form a dough that is not sticky.
- Finish mixing with your hands, and then shape the dough with your hands into round strips about 10 to 15 cm long; form each strip into a circle by sealing the tips with a bit of water.
- Heat abundant oil in a frying pan and fry on med-high heat until the fritters have risen and are a nice golden color (break the first one open to be sure it has cooked through; if it has not, reduce the heat of the oil slightly).
- Sprinkle with sugar and serve immediately plain with coffee or tea, or with ice cream.