This tapa is very popular in the south west coast of Spain and very tasty with that touch of Sherry sauce.
- 1 kg pork kidneys
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- olive oil
- 1 glass dry sherry
Instructions - How to Make
- First you must clean the kidneys (this step is absolutely necessary): wash and cut into pieces, removing the white parts and fat, if they have any. Steam in a steaming basket, about fifteen minutes; rinse well and throw away the steaming water.
- (Or, alternatively, you can cut into pieces, salt thoroughly, sat aside for about thirty minutes and then rinse and soak in fresh water for about ten minutes.)
- Now heat enough olive oil in a skillet to cover the bottom, add the onions and sauté for a few minutes. In the meantime, mash the garlic with some parsley, and a little bit of salt.
- Add the kidneys to the onions and sauté about five minutes, add the flour and the paprika and stir it a couple times, then add the mashed garlic mixture with the sherry and let cook another few minutes, just until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve with white rice.
- Makes enough for six people.