White Anchovies in Vinegar
- ½ Kg. fresh big white anchovies
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped,3 or 4 Tbsp. of finely chopped parsley
- 2 glasses of sherry vinegar,1 glass of water
- 4 Tbsp. of salt
- 5 Tbsp. of Olive Oil
Instructions - How to Make
- The anchovies must be washed well, removing both head and bones. Then the anchovies must be thoroughly washed again.
- Dry well, and in a bowl, prepare the vinegar, water and salt, stirring well until the salt has dissolved.
- Then test with one slice of anchovy, placing it into the liquid.
- If it floats right in the middle it means that the correct mixture of salt and vinegar has been obtained.
- If it floats on the surface there is too much salt. If it sinks it has too much vinegar. Once the mixture is correct, add the remaining anchovies. Cover the bowl and refrigerate 24 to 48 hours.
- Before serving them, the anchovies must be washed in cold water, placed in a dish and covered generously with the garlic, the chopped parsley and the Olive Oil.
- They also can be served on slices of toasted bread with some garlic rubbed on the top.