This is a great fish stew and to spice it up or change the taste you can optionally add the following:
- pinch of hot paprika or cayenne
- a few threads of saffron
- 500 grams fish fillets,1 1/2 liters water or fish stock
- 600 grams potatoes, peeled and cut in chunks, 1 tomato,2 ñoras (dried sweet peppers), stem and seeds removed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
Instructions - How to Make
- Cut the fish into chunks.
- Put the water in a pan with the salt and bring to a boil.
- Add the potatoes, whole tomato and dried peppers.
- Cook, covered, until the potatoes are almost tender.
- In a mortar, blender or processor purée the garlic, oil, cumin, paprika, cayenne and saffron with the cooked and skinned tomato, peppers and a few pieces of the potato.
- Add the vinegar and combine well.
- Stir this paste into the broth with the potatoes.
- Bring to a simmer and add the pieces of fish. Cook until fish is done, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with strips of green pepper.