I love Paella that of course doesn’t have seafood ONLY because I’m allergic. But the Paella is one of the best meals in Spain. If you love and can eat seafood you have to try this recipe. Its awesome. Just the aroma itself makes you want to digg in.
- 1 lb scallops
- 1/2 lb - 1 lb shrimp, leave shell on
- 3 skinless Chicken Breasts, cut in large chunks
- 2 tbsps chicken bullion
- 1 Small Onion
- 2 green peppers, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic crushed
- 3-5 tbsps minced fresh parsley
- 4 cups of paella rice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 8 oz tomatoe sauce
- 1 generous pinch of saffron
- 1/3 cup of Olive Oil
- 1 tsp of yellow food coloring
Instructions - How to Make
- Saute onion, parsley, and garlic in olive oil until the onion begins to become transparent.
- Add saffron, chicken bullion, chicken, peppers and saute until chicken has become white.
- Add tomato sauce, sugar, food coloring.
- Stir. Add rice & water and bring to boil.
- Salt to taste.
- Boil 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add shrimp & scallops, boil an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Simmer 10 minutes covered, stirring occasionally.
- If the rice appears to be getting too dry during the last 10 minutes, add more water.
- If the rice is too wet at the end of the 10 minutes, uncover and evaporate unwanted liquid.