I’m an egg person and really could eat recipes like this everyday 😀
Flamenco Eggs from Sevilla
- 8 eggs
- 100 grams serrano ham
- chopped, slices of chorizo sausage
- cooked peas
- cooked asparagus tips or a few cooked green beans
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- chopped parsley
- strips of tinned red pimiento
- 3 tomatoes (about 750 grams), peeled and chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
Instructions - How to Make
- In a frying pan heat the oil and add the chopped ham, onion and garlic.
- Sauté a few minutes, then add the tomatoes.
- Continue cooking on a medium heat until tomatoes are very reduced, about 15 minutes. Oil four (or eight) oven-proof ramekins and divide the tomato sauce between them.
- Break one or two eggs into each ramekin.
- Put chorizo (sausage) slices around the eggs and sprinkle on a few cooked peas, asparagus or beans. Criss-cross the eggs with strips of pimiento.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and chopped parsley.
- Put in a hot oven (200ºC) until whites are set but yolks still liquid, about 8 minutes.