For me I prefer the cream of gazpacho during the Spring and Summer months for its freshness.
Cream of Gazpacho
- 400 grams stale bread
- 600 grams ripe tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 100 grams serrano ham
- 3 cloves garlic
- Cut in thin strips 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 120 ml olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
Instructions - How to Make
- Cut the bread into chunks and put in a bowl with water to cover.
- Let soak until softened.
- Cut the peeled and seeded tomatoes into chunks and place in a processor bowl with the garlic.
- Process until pureed.
- Remove softened crusts from bread and discard.
- Use your hands to squeeze as much water as possible out of the bread.
- Add the bread to the processor bowl. (If necessary, process in two batches).
- Process until smooth, then, with the motor running, slowly add the oil, salt and vinegar to make a thick cream.
- Chill until serving time.
- Spread in a dish or in individual ramekins and garnish the top with strips of ham and sliced egg.