This is a healthy and great refreshing tapa and fairly easy to prepare
Bonito (Tuna) with tomato and onions
- 1 ¼ kg fresh bonito or fresh tuna, skin removed and cut into thick slices
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- 4 ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 bay leaf
- 125 ml white wine, olive oil
Instructions - How to Make
- Put enough olive oil in a skillet to cover the bottom.
- Add the onion and sauté on med-high until it begins to become transparent; add the flour and the tomatoes and cook a few minutes, then add the wine and bay leaf and let simmer about ten minutes, covered. Add water if it becomes too dry.
- Then add the bonito and let simmer, uncovered, another ten to fifteen minutes or until cooked through.
- Salt to taste.
- Can be served hot or cold.